These assignments should take the form of a short essay with references. See the Critical Writing Rubric (Course Resources Module, below) for more details. They should be typed-up as a word document (.doc, .docx) and uploaded to Canvas by the posted due date.
PROMPTS/QUESTIONS FOR CRITICAL WRITING ASSIGNMENT
- How can we, as individuals and a society, become more sustainable? Using the materials we have discussed in this class, as well as some additional research, propose a couple ideas or questions that you think are critical to sustainability. What will be easy to change? What is harder to change and why? Use sources to explain your ideas and support your argument.
Note, this is a big topic; it’s okay to pick a single aspect that’s important or interesting to you!
Links to an external site.
- Use the CRITICAL WRITING GUIDELINES AND RUBRIC (see below) to evaluate the authors and apply skepticism to their positions.
GUIDLINES FOR CRITICAL WRITING ASSIGNMENTS
Critical Writing Guidelines and Rubric.pdf
Each critical writing assignment will consist of two parts, a response to the prompts or questions posed, including supporting citations from your own independent research, and a critical evaluation of the sources that you chose to use.
SUMMARY OF GUIDELINES
Each submission should include:
I. CRITICAL WRITING RESPONSE TO PROMPTS AND QUESTIONS (10 pts)
Follow the instructions provided for the assignment. Be sure to put everything in your own words. Summarize the topic and the content of any sources you cite.
- CRITICAL EVALUATION OF SOURCES (10 pts)
Publisher/Organization/Author (2 pt)
1. Name/Title of organization/publisher
2. Type (government, educational, NGO, etc.)
3. Name of author
4. Authors qualifications, credentials
5. Is this source credible?
Purpose/Agenda/Bias (3 pts)
1. Does the source have an obvious purpose?
2. Does this lead to a biased view of the issue?
3. Does this bias affect the credibility of their position?
4. If you believe the source is unbiased, explain why
Skepticism (3 pts)
1. Are you skeptical about anything in this source?
Note that skepticism is not the same as doubt or cynicism; it is the application of your own judgement and knowledge to an argument and the pursuit of a more complete understanding.
2. Is any information confusing or misrepresented?
3. Is anything missing (information, an important viewpoint)?
4. Does the author provide sources? Are they credible (can you find the data, is it relevant)?
Citations (2 pts)
1. Author’s name, Title of article/video, Year published, URL
Get professional assignment help cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
Why choose our academic writing service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH 24/7 ESSAY WRITERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Guidelines for critical writing assignments appeared first on 247 Essay Writers.
Would you like to make your academic life easier? We offers you a perfect chance to buy essays online and let our writers take care of your academic achievements! Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked for originality using advanced plagiarism-detection software.In this case, there is no room where plagiarism could squeeze in.