Discussion: “Description of Life at Court of Louis XIV”
Answer one of the questions below by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, September 2. Respond to a fellow student’s post by 11:59 PM on Sunday, September 6. Full instructions for discussion are included at the end.
Be sure to identify which question you are answering in your subject head.
1. According to the document, what were some of the ways in which Louis XIV made the nobility feel special?
2. What evidence is there in the document that Louis XIV used life at court as an opportunity to monitor and control the behavior of the nobility?
3. Saint-Simon noted that life at court “aroused jealousy” among the members of the nobility. Why do you think that was the case? In other words, what about the culture of life at court created competition and jealously?
4. Based on the document, what do you think Saint-Simon thought of Louis XIV? Did he like or admire him? Why or why not?
5. What do you think of the court of Louis XIV? Would you want to be a nobleman or noblewoman at court? Why or why not?
Would you like to make your academic life easier? We offers you a perfect chance to buy essays online and let our writers take care of your academic achievements! Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked for originality using advanced plagiarism-detection software.In this case, there is no room where plagiarism could squeeze in.